Big, fluffy heaps of snow at the roof of your house might look imitate Christmas cards, but if you don’t deal with it quickly, then the results won’t be worth celebrating. We are roofing contractors in Edmonton that provide emergency snow top removal services in adverse weather conditions.
Quick Snow Removal for Locals
Heavy loads of snow on your roof can inflict serious damage. Roof snow removal, however, can prevent expensive repairs which are otherwise caused due to:
- Shingle damage
- Collapsed roofs
- Ventilation blockages
- Ice dams formation
- Damage to fascia, gutters or other parts of the roof
Ice dams are formed when snow present on the roof melts and then refreezes, trapping the water that lies under the shingles or other layers of the roof. Ice dams deform eaves troughs of the roof and lead to water leaks or other kinds of costly damages.
How to effectively prevent troubles caused by the presence of excess snow on the roof?
- Before winter gets all geared up, make sure that your home has proper amount of insulation along with a balanced degree of attic ventilation.
- Install waterproof shingle underlayment.
- Consult a roofing professional who can guide you on preventing damages caused by the presence of snow on your roof.
How to efficiently handle roof-top snow removal?
- If not a single preventative measure has been enforced, then hire a company which is able to safely remove snow from the roof of your house before ice plays its part.
- Did you know that the time taken to remove ice dams from the eaves and troughs is 10 times more than that required to remove the snow from the roof at an earlier stage.
- Professional snow removal costs much less than fixing the damages that the snow incurs if left on the roof for too long. Rarely do people know, but if you wait for the snow to turn into ice on your roof, then the removal cost increases to 400%.
- You may even plan to remove the snow from your roof by yourself. However, doing this without professional help is an extremely dangerous task.
Contact us today if you are suffering from the problem of ice dams/snow on your roof.